Used books are sold at a first come, first serve basis, thus they may sell out quickly. Also, in some instances, certain titles are unavailable used. In these instances new books will be substituted, and your credit card will be charged the new amount without notification. By purchasing your books online you are indicating that you understand and accept this and all policies.
Used textbooks may or may not contain all items included in a new textbook package.
Please note* We cannot ship online orders to PO Boxes.
You may return merchandise only under the following terms:
- Your original receipt is required for all returns and exchanges.
- Textbook return and exchanges will be accepted one calendar week (5 business days) from the start date of your class as it appears on your schedule.
- New textbooks must be in new condition and access codes must be unopened to receive full credit.
- Open Software, Electronics, Access Codes, Licenses etc... cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Non-textbook purchases may be returned or exchanged for ten business days from the date of purchase if they are in resalable condition and are accompanied by all oridinal packaging and components.
- There is a ten business day waiting period for cash back on all check purchases (returns must be approved in accordance with the returns policy above even though the return will not be processed for 10 days from the date of purchase).
- If you find you have purchased a defective book, contact the Bookstore as soon as possible.
- The Bookstore is the sole judge in determining whether merchandise is acceptable for return.
Online Orders Not Picked:
- Customers ordering items for Fall or Spring Term and choosing in store pickup will have 60 days from the date of the order to pick up their order. After 60 days the order will be refunded to the original payment method less a 10% re-stocking fee. Any Textbook Rental from this order will be returned to the store after this deadline.
- Customers ordering items for Summer Term and choosing in store pickup will have until July 15th to pick up their order. After July 15th the order will be refunded to the original payment method less a 10% re-stocking fee. Any Textbook Rental from this order will be returned to the store after this deadline.
Paying by Credit Card:
The credit card must be present for all transactions.
Financial Aid Students:
If you are receiving financial aid you may be able to charge your books against the aid. If your financial aid exceeds the charges on your bill, you can charge your books against this excess aid. Your HACC ID is required. Any amount over this total is your responsibility to pay. If you have questions about your financial aid award please contact the financial aid office. Before placing an online order using Financial Aid, you must click here for more information.
Direct Bill Students:
If you choose Direct Bill as a payment type, the you agree that HACC can charge your HACC student account. Your HACC ID is required. Before placing an online order using Direct Bill, you must click here for more information.
VA Vocational Rehabilitation (VA Financial Aid):
Unusual items must be approved beforehand by your case manager.
Required textbooks, (not optional or suggested reading books) and a reasonable quantity of supplies (pens, pencils, notebooks and incidentals) may be purchased through the school's bookstore at the government expense, as long as these do not exceed in quantity.
Food items and apparel (sweatshirts, gym shorts, etc.) and school related mementos etc. may NOT be charged on Vocational Rehabilitation Aid.
Any questions regarding the purchase of an item, that you are not sure of, contact your case manager before purchasing.
Unauthorized purchases are the financial responsibility of the Veteran.
All software academically priced requires a current academic ID to purchase.